See why edays absence management software is voted the most recommended by customers worldwide. Seamlessly manage absence, leave and time in one configurable system – for a happier, more productive workforce.
The world’s leading absence management software
Over 1,400 companies across 120 countries trust edays global absence management software
Named best value & most recommended absence management software for a reason
Global Entitlement Management
Complex, global leave compliance made simple. Every country and region has different rules around sickness and holiday entitlement. Time is precious, so you need a solution that does all of this seamlessly & automatically.
Integrates With Your HR System
Our platform sits alongside and works with many HR systems as a specialist software which elevates absence visibility. Providing the absence management tool you need to better manage absence & leave.
Absence and Leave Reporting
Automated reporting means HR teams automatically receive weekly absence and leave reports that, combined with our enhanced reporting, offer powerful, accurate insights to identify problems and reduce absenteeism.
Customisable Sickness Journey
Complete visibility of sickness - logging, monitoring, triggers, and alerts that manage sickness entitlement for teams and individuals. Get clear oversight of who is sick and when, and have complete customisability over their journey.
Manager Dashboard & Calendars
HR teams and managers will have access to concise reporting tools to track and report on holidays with custom dashboards and absence trigger alerts.
Easy booking of leave - no matter when and where you are. The brand new mobile app experience makes it easy to create positive, simple and intuitive requests with just a tap.
Insightful tracking for smarter staffing
One system for all your absence and leave management requirements…
- Access workforce data for visibility regardless of location
- Encourage progressive management to enhance employee wellbeing
- Utilise in-depth absence reporting tools
- Track and report on leave and absence with custom dashboards
- Incorporates alert mechanisms for timely absence notifications
Team visibility with shared holiday calendars
Experience the convenience of edays’ cloud-based group calendars. Designed for security, efficiency, and ease of use…
- Enable employees to request holidays and absences with ease
- Empower people managers to have full visibility of teams
- Ensure better resource planning with full sight of planned holiday
- Integrate with Outlook & Gmail calendars
- Streamline your absence data and processes with existing software
Convenient absence & leave management on-the-go
Absence management anywhere, any time with our smart mobile app…
- Easily review and approve leave requests in seconds
- Quickly log employee absences in just a couple of taps
- View shared group calendars to avoid clashes in holiday bookings
- Access employee records for a snapshot of leave allowance, overtime, Bradford Factor scores and more
- Provide a simple way for employees to request leave, log overtime and accrue TOIL
Unified absence management for a global workforce
Streamline absence management for global organisations…
- Manage absence and leave efficiently within multi-location organisations
- Navigate varying regional and country-specific rules and regulations
- Utilise tools to assist with full local and global compliance
- Consolidate your absence data into one platform for a seamless experience
- Access real-time visibility of where and when employees are working
Reducing holiday booking time by over 98% for Monster Energy
We find the edays absence system excellent and very user-friendly. I’m the master user in the HR team and have found it to be a great system.
The help desk at edays is also excellent and always reply with accurate help straight away. Whenever I meet other HR professionals I always recommend using this if they want an effective holiday tracker system.
Absence management software questions
Who is edays absence management software?
edays absence management software is a purpose-built system to manage all your absence, sickness and leave types. edays makes managing sickness absence easier and gives you the ability to be proactive in the support you give to your people.
Our staff holiday booking system makes requesting and approving annual leave, and other types of leave, simple and easy. With edays, you can not only plan your resources better, you can use data to drive decisions that make for a better and a more productive workforce.
What is absence management?
Absence management is the process of recording and tracking all employee absences within an organisation. Absence management includes tracking sickness absences from work – everything from who should be informed if an employee is ill, the reason for their absence, how long they need to take off from work, and how all of this information is recorded.
Good absence management practices mean that employees feel supported, resources can be carefully planned around absences, and any issues within teams can be addressed accordingly.
What is leave management?
Leave management is the process of managing all types of employee leave within an organisation. This is includes annual leave, or holiday entitlement, whereby employees are entitled to take a certain number of days off per year. In the UK, almost all employees are legally entitled to statutory leave which is 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year. This varies in other countries.
In addition to statutory leave, organisations may also choose to offer additional holiday entitlement to employees.
Leave management also refers to managing other types of leave that employees are legally entitled to, which includes maternity leave, paternity leave, and other types of leave.
What to look for when choosing absence management software?
When selecting absence management software, it’s important to consider the following features:
- User-Friendly Interface: The software should be intuitive and easy to use for both employees and managers.
- Customisation and Flexibility: Look for software that can be tailored to your organisation’s specific needs, including custom leave types, policies, and reporting.
- Integration Capabilities: Ensure the software can seamlessly integrate with your existing HR systems and processes, like payroll and time tracking tools.
- Comprehensive Reporting: It should offer detailed reporting capabilities to analyze absence trends and support your organisations strategic decision-making. Take a look at People Insights.
- Mobile Accessibility: A mobile-friendly or app-based platform allows employees and managers to manage leave requests and approvals on the go. edays’ employee holiday app has this covered.
- Compliance Management: The absence system should help you adhere to local and international labour regulations to avoid legal issues.
- Reliable Support and Training: Good customer support and training resources are essential for smooth implementation and ongoing usage. Our system was voted Software Advice’s “Best Customer Support” 2023.
- Data Security and Privacy: Ensure the software provides robust data security measures to protect sensitive employee information. edays’ is ISO 27001 certified.
What size and types of businesses do you service?
edays absence management software can be used by all types of organisation, wherever you are located in the world.
We specialise in companies with 50+ employees, and if your business has a mix of office and non-office based workers, part-time and full-time employees, or operates from multiple locations, we can help. Our absence management software provides one centralised system for tracking all types of leave and absence.
Do you have a mobile app?
Yes! Our Absence Management App lets you access edays from your phone or tablet anywhere, any time. Employees can request leave on the go with our app. Managers will receive a notification and they can log in and approve the request in just a few taps. Sickness absences can also be logged quickly, without the need to log in to your desktop.
What support do you offer?
We have a modern support portal with integrated knowledge base. If you are unable to find what you need, then the support desk can help you get through the issues. Whether it is just using the ticketing system or it needs a video call, our team is ready to help.
For less urgent issues, perhaps you need some help with additional licenses, or would like some more information on a new feature, then the Customer Success Team is there to help. For customers with more than 200 licenses, you will have a dedicated Customer Success Manager, while those with fewer than 200 licences will benefit from our Tech-Touch Customer Success programme.
If you need more training, or perhaps you are expanding into new countries or regions, then our Professional Services team are always on hand to provide expert help.
How secure is edays?
The security of our customer’s data is our top priority. We are ISO 27001 certified and data is stored on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. All data is encrypted at all times, both at rest and in transit using the most modern encryption standard and algorithms. For more information, head over to our Security Section.
How does your pricing work?
Our best-in-class absence management solution is built from the ground up based on your requirements as an organisation. From the number of employees you have to the number of countries you operate in, every business is different. That’s why we take the time to truly listen to your absence challenges to provide a tailored price based on your needs, with no additional or hidden charges.
Find out more information via our pricing page.
Are there any optional features?
We have many optional features which are frequently being added to, for example:
- Employee Directory
- Document Portal
- Time Submission
- Mobile App
- People Insights
Talk to your sales advisor or partner to see which may be right for you.