Tell us a bit about yourself

    By submitting this form you accept our privacy policy

    Our website uses cookies that help us and third-party partners remember you and improve your experience browsing our site. You agree to the use of all cookies or you can change your settings.

    Cookie settings

    We use cookies on this website to enhance your browsing experience. Necessary cookies are essential for basic website functionalities and are stored on your browser. We also use third-party cookies to analyse and improve website usage. You can opt-out of these cookies, but it may affect your browsing experience.

    capital city





    United States Dollar (USD)

    date format

    Date format






    Minimum holiday entitlement


    paid public holidays

    Paid public holidays per year


    Additional leave compliance rules and complexities

    Annual leave

    Employees in Ecuador are entitled to 15 days’ paid leave a year. If they stay in a role for more than five years, they receive an extra day’s annual leave for every subsequent year they spend with the company. In Ecuador, employees must make payments to the Ecuadorean Social Security Institute (IESS).

    Sick leave

    Their entitlement to sick pay depends on the contributions they’ve made to the IESS: 180 days within 6 months before the onset of illness, or 189 days within 8 months. If employees have made these contributions, their employer provides sick pay for their first three days of illness, with IESS taking over from the fourth day.

    Maternity and paternity leave

    IESS also pays 75% of maternity pay, with the employer paying the remaining 25%, for up to 12 weeks of maternity leave. Male employees can take up to 10 days of paternity leave. Though if it was a caesarian birth, it can take 15 days, or 18 days if the baby was premature. Any parent can take up to 25 days’ leave if their child is hospitalized.