This video covers how flexible the rota pattern tool is within edays and how to create standard rotas for day or hour-based users
This video covers how flexible the rota pattern tool is within Edays and how to create standard rotas for day or hour-based users. You can also create rotating rota patterns i.e., 4 weeks rotating and 4 on 4 off shift patterns. You might refer to the rota pattern as a shift pattern. Please note night shift workers will always need to be recorded in hours and book leave in hours for edays functionality to be maximized.
Pallas Accountants has a number of staff working different such as the below rotas.
- Jane works on a day-based rota of Mon, Wed, and Fri per week
- Fred works an hour-based rota of Mon (8 hours) and Thurs (6 hours) per week
- Dom works a day-based rota pattern, which rotates. The first week he works Mon to Fri and the second week Mon to Thur. Dom works 8 hours a day, every day he works.
- Tiana works an hour-based rota, which rotates after a four-week cycle.
- 1st week – Mon (10pm – 6am; 8 hours)
- 2nd week – Mon (10pm – 6am; 8 hours), Thurs (12am – 6am; 6 hours) and Fri (12am – 5am; 5 hours)
- 3rd week – Mon (10pm – 6am; 8 hours) Tues (6pm – 12pm; 6 hours)
- 4th week – Mon (10pm – 6am; 8 hours) and Fri (5 hours)
Pallas Accountants create rotas to apply to all users or to individual user accounts. Consequently staff who have an hour-based rota will always have entitlement calculated in hours and vice versa for day-based users. This ensures easy and quick calculation of entitlement and TOIL.
For users on a rota like Tiana’s, who work a shift which starts on one day and finishes the following morning, Pallas Accountants would set the first two hours of their working shift on Monday and the additional 6 hours would be assigned to Tuesday. In instances like week three where Tiana works on the same day twice, Pallas Accountants would set 2 hours on Monday and 6 hours on Tuesday morning for the first shift and then an additional block of 6 hours on Tuesday for the second shift.
- 00:30s – Creating a new Rota
- 01:42 – Configuring the Working Days
- 03:32 – Applying Rota Patterns